Membership in Washington Association of Weatherization.
Membership in WAW provides an excellent opportunity to develop in both professional and personal relationships. We encourage the sharing of knowledge and exchange of ideas. It is an organization that is recognized by our utilities at all levels. We provide structured and informative quarterly meetings which encourage networking for work, employment, and educational opportunities.
Visibility and recognition
All members will have a listing on the WAW Website with a link to your company website if applicable.
That homeowners in the Puget Sound region will have access to energy professionals that can help them implement energy services that lower energy bills and reduce environmental impact while improving levels of home comfort, health, and safety.
- Bringing energy professionals together to improve their ability to offer high quality services to customers.
- Promoting awareness of the benefits of whole-house energy services.
- Working with energy conservation programs to advance their goals in partnership with home performance companies.
- Organizing the availability of training programs that lead to recognized professional certification.
- Communication and cooperation with aligned local, regional and national organizations.
Our Goals – Helping Home Performance Service Providers to:
- Understand how to work with whole house energy services based on the current building science so it can result in deep energy savings while enhancing indoor air quality, and thermal comfort.
- Encourage customers to develop a “whole-house” energy strategy and implement improvements in the appropriate order maximizing quality and effectiveness.
- Educate all subcontractors and employees with the appropriate knowledge and skills to effectively and safely implement solutions that will work well with the home owner.
- Ensure integrity and honesty in working with people and their property.
Education and Training:
The Weatherization business is ever changing; new standards, different ways of doing business and improved technology all demand companies keep up with the times. New insulation standards, lead safe practices, installation procedures, or new product availability are all things that are shared during association business meetings.
Network with other Professionals.
Business owners, administrators and technicians all benefit from information provided to and shared through the WAW.
Join us and help create new opportunities for your business. Become A WAW Member Today!